FAQsHow do I sign up?
To borrow a kit, you will need to be enrolled in the CSL Resource Kit Borrowing Program. Your “Kit account” is the same as your CSL Book Club account if you participate in that program. If you already have a CSL Book Club user number and password, skip to step 4 below.
- Go to https://cslkits.cvlsites.org/enroll/
- Complete and submit the enrollment form.
- You will receive an email with a user number and password for your library within a short time.
- Go to our online resource catalog at https://csl.catalog.aspencat.info/
- Login into your CSL account using the “Login” button at the top right of the screen.
- Use the Search bar, or browse for “Resource Kit”, to find the Kit you want to borrow.
- Place a Hold on the desired kit.
- The checkout period is 2 months. If the kit is available, it will be sent to you the next business day via the Courier. If it is checked out to another library, your hold will remain in place until the item is available or you cancel the hold.
- Please remember to submit feedback either on the paper form included on the clipboard in the kit or online at – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VB47iO1cv4QYsyi9hADftBwUmvS9myEpZqWvdrHPw1E/edit
The kits are not available for loan to out-of-state libraries, or organizations other than libraries, at this time. Kits cannot be reserved for a specific date in the future.
Contact Kit Support (303-866-6900 or email at KitSupport@coloradovirtuallibrary.org) with questions.
Who do I contact if I have specific questions about the kits?
You can always contact Kit Support at the State Library with any questions regarding the kits. Help is available via telephone at: 303-866-6900 or email at KitSupport@coloradovirtuallibrary.org.
Can I reserve the kit for a specific date in the future?
We cannot accept a request for kits in the future. If the kit is available now, then you will need to borrow it now. If the kit is on loan to another library, you may place a hold on it but will receive the kit as soon as it is returned.
What if I lost or damaged an item in the kit?
If you have lost or damaged an item from the kit, contact us at Kit Support as soon as possible. We will let you know if the missing/damaged item needs to be replaced or not. If it is determined that the item needs to be replaced, please try to find a suitable replacement from your side and send it back to the State Library as soon as possible along with a note so that we know that you have replaced the missing item. Please do not just replace the item without letting us know.
What is the loan period for each kit
Staff in Colorado libraries may check out kits directly from the State Library through the CSL AspenCat Catalog at https://csl.catalog.aspencat.info/ for 2 months at a time and may renew if there is not a hold on that kit. The kits are not available for loan to out of state libraries or organizations other than libraries at this time.
How do I return the kit?
As you prepare to return the kit, please verify that it is complete using the Kit Contents checklist on the back cover of the included binder. Be sure to include your completed Feedback Form so that we can improve the experience for everyone.