To borrow a kit, you first need to be enrolled in the CSL Kits program. Your kit account is the same as your Book Club Resource account, if you participate in that program. If you already have a patron number and password, skip to step 4 below.
- Fill out and submit the enrollment form.
- You will receive an email with a user number and password.
- Go to the catalog at https://csl.catalog.aspencat.info/
- Login into your CSL account using the “Login” button at the top right of the screen.
- Use the Search bar, or browse for “CSL Kits” to find the Kit you want to borrow.
- Place a Hold on the desired kit.
- The checkout period is for two months.
- If the kit is available, it will be sent to you via the CLiC courier as soon as we are able.
- If it is checked out to another library, your hold will remain in place until the item is available or you cancel the hold.
- Kits are not available for loan to out-of-state libraries.
- Kits cannot be reserved for a specific date in the future.
- Note that kits are transported via the CLiC courier. It is possible to accommodate lending if your institution is not on the courier system but able to pick the kit up from CSL.
Contact Kit Support at KitSupport@coloradovirtuallibrary.org.
Staff in Colorado libraries may check out kits directly from the State Library through the CSL AspenCat Catalog at https://csl.catalog.aspencat.info/ for eight weeks at a time and may renew if there is not a hold on that kit. The kits are not available for loan to out of state libraries or organizations other than libraries at this time. We are not able to reserve a kit for a future date. Contact Kit Support (303-866-6900) with questions.
Returning the kit
As you prepare to return the kit using Courier Code C912 (CSL), please verify that it is complete using the contents checklist provided (usually on a clipboard). Be sure to include your completed feedback form so that we can improve the experience for everyone.